Marc’s Method for Collecting Cash from the U.S. Government (Instead of the Other Way Around)
No Gimmicks, Tricks, or Fine Print!
You CAN get money from the US Government. I’m sure you’ve seen the websites, infomercials and books touting “FREE MONEY” from the U.S. Government. But when you buy the products and the hype you might feel “suckered”. I’ve been there.
Retirement Without Savings
Retirement becomes an afterthought for many people when they think about all the bills they have. There’s the mortgage, car payment, insurance, and all the other day to day expenses.
Though what if you could enjoy a luxury retirement without sacrificing one bit… Even if you’ve ignored saving for years. Click here now!
**End Sponsored Content**
A couple of years ago I paid $99 for the “Directory of Government Money Sources”. The promo claimed “thousands of contacts and resources”. There were thousands of contacts and resources the only problem is some of the contacts were more than 8 years old! In other words, I was duped. I asked for my money back… and I’m still waiting.
The Truth About Getting Money From the US Government
There’s a lot of disinformation about getting money from the US Government. I’ll dispel the myths and show you how to get your hands on the cash if you qualify.
There are four main ways a US citizen can get money from the US Government, and here they are:
1) Government Grants
2) Finding Unclaimed Money
3) Loans (or Loan Guarantees)
4) Surplus Sales (This is not technically obtaining money but it can still be worth thousands of dollars to you)
In today’s issue I’ll focus on getting money from the US Government with grants.
The Numbers Don’t Lie
According to US Government Accountability Office (GAO) more than $1 Trillion in government grants were awarded to people and businesses in 2010!
More than 30 Million people apply for grant money every year! And get this…there is over 9,000 government or non-profit organizations offering government grants!
There are secrets to getting your hands on the money.
What is a US Government Grant?
Grants are not benefits or entitlements like welfare, food stamps or free health care.
A US Government grant is an award of financial assistance from a federal agency to a recipient to carry out a specific purpose. Federal grants are authorized by law!
Federal grants are not federal assistance or loans to individuals. In other words, grants are a gift NOT a loan!
If you’re looking for personal financial assistance for such things as
Social Security, Medicaid or State Social Services, check out GovBenefits – it’s a great resource!
If you’re looking for information on student loans check out StudentAid.gov.
If you need a small business start-up loan check out the Small Business Administration – it’s an excellent resource for loans.
Thousands of Grant Programs at Your Fingertips!
“Do I Qualify for a Government Grant”?
Have You Received Your Code Yet?
I don’t know if you’ve seen this yet… but there’s a hot new code that some people are using to make a small fortune.
**End Sponsored Content**
There is free money available! It’s not a lie, gimmick or trick.
There are thousands of free money grants available to individuals, non-profits and businesses. But most grants are not available for personal financial assistance. In other words, you can’t apply for grants to pay debts, bills, loans or mortgages.
However, as I said, more than 32 million people apply for government grants and (and many of them receive money) every year – so free money is available. The trick is finding out if you qualify for a grant which serves a specific public service or purpose.
There are many types of organizations, groups and individuals that are eligible to receive government grants.
Grant recipients usually fall into these six categories:
1) Government Organizations
* State Governments
* Local Governments
* City or Township Governments
* Special District Governments
* Native American Tribal Governments (federally recognized)
* Native American Tribal Governments (other than federally recognized)
2) Education Organizations
* Independent School Districts
* Public and State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
* Private Institutions of Higher Education
3) Public Housing Organizations
* Public Housing Authorities
* Indian Housing Authorities
4) Non-Profit Organizations
* Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
* Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
5) “For-Profit” Organizations – Small Businesses
Small business grants may be awarded to companies which meet the size standards. The most common business size standards are:
* 500 employees for most manufacturing and mining industries
* 100 employees for all wholesale trade industries
* $6 million for most retail and service industries
* $28.5 million for most general & heavy construction industries
* $12 million for all special trade contractors
* $0.75 million for most agricultural industries
An individual can receive a grant their own behalf, and not on behalf of a company, organization, institution, or government.
Individuals sign the grant application and must fulfill the requirements of the application process.
If you register as an individual, you can apply for grant opportunities which are open to individuals. An individual cannot submit a grant application to a grant opportunity that is just open to organizations.
To find out of your qualify for a specific grant you can search the US Government Grant database here.
The US Government Grant database enables you to search thousands of grant opportunities quickly and easily. What’s more, searching for grant opportunities is fun! You can search by keyword, category, federal agency and dozens of other criteria.
How Do I Apply for Grant Money?
After you’ve found a grant opportunity you’ll need to apply. But don’t worry. Surprisingly the US Government has made it super easy to apply for money grants.
You won’t need to register to search the US Government Grant database. But you will need to register in order to apply for a grant.
After you’ve registered and you’ve found the grant opportunity that works best for you – you can apply! Simply click the “Application” button in top right hand corner of the grant opportunity overview area.
Click Here for a sample Grant Application and Instruction Manual
Most of the Grant Applications can be completed and submitted online. But some of the grant applications will need to be signed and returned via US Postal Service.
When Will I See the Money?
In most cases grant award winners and recipients are notified within 4 weeks. But grant recipients have received funds in as little as two weeks. It will depend on the number of grant applications, popularity of the grant and agency workload.
Once your grant has been received you’ll be able to track it on the Internet. You’ll be assigned a grant notification number which you enter into a search box on the Grant.gov website and bingo, track your application!
How Can I Speed Up the Process? Where Can I Go for Help?
There is nothing you can do to speed up the process as far as getting your application reviewed and approved. However, there are things you can do to insure your application is accepted and reviewed.
The first thing you must do is fill out the applications properly. Do not add any comments, symbols or ineligible words. But don’t’ worry…the US Government provides dozens of top notch services to help grant applicants with the process.
Here are a few of the most useful services (you’ll need Adobe Reader to download and read the pdf documents):
Applicant User Guide (pdf)
Animated Grant Overview Tutorial (Flash)
Grants.gov Succeed Newsletter (archives and registration)
Recent Individual Grant Awards
If you think free grant money is too good to be true – think again.
This year the US government has awarded individual grants in unprecedented numbers, Most of this is due to Stimulus Plan and US Recovery Act which is designed to revitalize the economy.
Here is some PROOF cash is given away….
* Timothy Barrett, 59, a papermaker from Iowa City IA received a $500,000, no questions asked, grant to further his craft.
* Jill Seaman, a Sudan-based physician, received $500,000 for adapting the tools of modern medicine to treat infectious diseases in war-torn regions of the world.
* Lynsey Addario, 35, a photojournalist from Istanbul recorded 21st-century conflicts with her camera. She was awarded a $500,000 “genius grant”.
* A few days ago, two Seattle residents – James Longley, a documentary filmmaker, and Heather McHugh, a poet — received the kind of phone call that changes lives. They were both awarded $500,000 grants. There are no strings attached and they can do whatever they want with the money!
* Debby Miller received $5,167 for her B&B in Mansfield OH to help her “Go Green”.
* Jinny Nieviadomy, a 34 year-old entrepreneur received $5,000 to help with her business operating costs. She submitted a one-page application and a simple business plan.
* Debby Turner, an elementary school teacher from Oklahoma received $1,000 grant for her work with children.
* Sarah Heilshorn, from San Francisco received a $1.5 “innovator” grant to help her focus on her scientific work.
And the list goes on and on….
If you qualify and APPLY you can receive free grant money too!
Business Grants are Available Too!
Business grants range from $1,000 to $1,000,000 (or more) depending on the cause. If you have a business idea or plan but you don’t have enough capital to get it moving forward then a business grant might be the perfect fit you.
Your company might qualify for a business grant if:
* You’re Starting a New Business
* A business is located in a small town or rural area
* A business is minority owned or women owned
* A business has been hurt by defense cuts
* A business is located in a state that qualifies for economic stimulus
* A business is an import export company with financial problems
* A business employs disabled people
The application process for business grants is similar to individual grants. You’ll also need to submit a proposal which conveys your company needs the money and deserves it.
Here’s a sampling of business grant awards:
Description: PORT SECURITY
Blackfeet Tribal Business Counsel
Description: ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
Description: REMOTE SENSING OTHER TRANSACTION AGREEMENT
Award: $53, 684
Description: CAPITAL NEEDS
Grand Prairie TX
Description: RETROFIT BUSES W/ ACCESSIBILITY
So don’t be shy if you have a business idea that needs free grant money to get it up and running. The US Government is required by law to disburse funds, grants and money to help businesses succeed!
There you have it!
As you can see there are thousands of opportunities for free money grants for individuals, businesses and non-profits.
The free grant money can be used for special home improvement projects, education, travel, business and more!
The process for obtaining free government money is easy.
You’ll need to see if you qualify for a particular grant. You can do this easily on the Grants.gov website.
If you qualify for a free money grant then submit an application. The applications are always listed on the same page as the grant opportunity.
Grant award announcements are usually announced within 4-6 weeks, but sometimes in as little as 2 weeks.
Once approved you’ll receive a check in the mail in just a few days!
The Catch for Getting Free Cash
It is possible to get free cash, grants, scholarships, and loans for just about anything. But yes….THERE’S A CATCH! Don’t kid yourself.
What makes the lucky few who tap into this wellspring of cash so different than you? Here’s the answer… Click Here!
**End Sponsored Content**
Your humble host,
(Ed Note: Marc Charles is referred to as “The King of Business Opportunities” ….and for good reason. He should be known as “The King of Legitimate Business Opportunities”…because he’s launched, bought, sold reviewed and advised on hundreds of businesses and money making opportunities. He understands legitimate opportunities. Marc has agreed supply League of Power members with crucial updates regarding legitimate business and money making opportunities.)
*** Action Strategy ***
You can get money from the US Government. I’ve given you my insider tactics for getting it! Now you’ve got to research the grant which best fits your situation.
Believe me…I know what a pain it is dealing with the government, especially when it comes to THEM writing a check.
But the number one reason people do not get money is because they didn’t know it was so readily available. The second reason people don’t get cash is they don’t ask for it!
Please drop me a note when you get yours!
***** Valuable Resources ****
Learn How to Grab Your Share of This Little-Known Wellspring of Cash with My NEW e-book…Click here now!!! I’ll even extend my personal 100% — 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.