Running a business requires two things: time and money. What if you only have your time to give? Can you still run a successful online business? I say you can.
I run an information driven business. My business model includes sending out weekly articles to friends who wish to learn how to make money from online businesses. It’s called an online newsletter subscription. I give away this information for free and accrue the names on a list that I send out marketing material to in order to drive sales. As far as online businesses go, it’s probably the most prominent business model used.
Today I’m going to teach you how to build your own online newsletter subscriber list so you can run a successful online business too. I’ve put together a list of my top 15 tactics I use to build my email list when I’m short on cash.
1. Putting a name-collection box on every webpage. This way no matter what page draws the reader’s attention initially they can quickly and easily hand over their email address to get more information.
2. Give them something they want. Write a report or e-book on a topic having to do with your business sector. If your online business is health related, then write a report about natural cures or homeopathic medicine. Whatever the topic make sure it’s something a potential reader would want. Offer to send it to them for free in exchange for their email address.
3. In the sign-up box only ask for their first name and email address. Don’t require them to give away too many details about themselves like phone number, address or age. The more information you ask for the less likely a person will want to give it to you.
4. Anytime you make a sale add the person to your newsletter subscription list. Include a free subscription to your articles as a benefit for their purchase.
5. Add an exit pop-up box to your webpages. Anytime a reader tries to leave your site ask them to if they’d like to receive more information from you for free.
6. Restrict access to archived articles. If a person wants to read more information from you they must give their email address to gain access to previously written articles.
7. At the end of every article you write ask your current readers to forward it to friends. Include two boxes to allow the reader to conveniently enter their friends email addresses. Always make it as easy as possible for your reader to perform any task you want.
8. Create a Facebook fan page for your business. Ask current readers to “like” your page. When people “like” pages they are more likely to buy from them.
9. Always have an opinion. Leave comments on blogs and other people’s articles that are similar to your business sector. Include your website address in your comment.
10. Submit each new article you write to article submission sites such as submityourarticle.com and freearticlesubmission.org. Include a link to your website with your signature in each one so readers can find you if they like your article.
11. Create fliers for products you sell, put them up at targeted businesses. If your business sells golf products and information put fliers up at local golf shops or country clubs.
12. Postcards are the cheapest thing to mail via the post office. Use a broker to find targeted lists. Offer people a report that they can collect for free if they type in their email address.
13. Find people who own similar businesses to yours. Offer your services in exchange for the chance to run an ad to their list. You can offer to write articles for them for free, help them with some book-keeping, organize their archives for them, etc.
14. Create a YouTube video about a topic. In fact you could just read one of your past articles aloud for the video. Across the bottom of the video put your website address so interested parties can go there to sign up to get more free information from you.
15. Try eBay. Sell your products on eBay and drive customers to your personal website by including links to your site in the About Me page. It’s the only page on eBay that allows external links.
Once you employ a few of these tactics you’re sure to build up your newsletter list. That undoubtedly will lead to more sales and more money in the bank. Soon you’ll be able to joint venture with other businesses and use paid advertising tactics too!
If you’d like your very own email list and online business you’ll want to check your email this week. We’re just completing an exciting new program that I believe will be the best ever created in this industry. This is a true turnkey system for finally making real money online with your very own email list. I don’t want to give too much away now. However, this is an early warning since I know the limited spots will be taken fast. It’s that good.